Release date: June 9, 2021
About this release
Version 4.6.2 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac fixes several issues, some of them possibly critical, that could occur with previous versions
No restart of the PC is required after installing this update.
The update to this version is recommended for all users of DRACOON for Windows/Mac.
The following problems have been fixed in version 4.6.1 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac:
These problems only occurred in specific cases, e.g. under certain exceptional circumstances. The vast majority of users were not affected.
- When synchronization was off, the previous version of the file was not saved as a file version in DRACOON when saving Office documents.
- After a restart, files larger than 10 MB that were kept offline might have been displayed with a size of 0 bytes and could not be opened.
If such 0-byte files exist, the problem can be resolved by ending the offline availability of the affected file with the shortcut menu command Remove offline availability.
- DRACOON for Windows: If the contents of the DRACOON drive were displayed in a File Explorer window and the window was not used for several minutes, in rare cases, files of the DRACOON drive were no longer displayed until Windows was restarted.
- DRACOON for Mac: If the editing rights of a user were changed in a data room, this change was not immediately reflected in the Finder. For example, the user could still try to create a folder in the Finder even though this permission had been revoked from the user in DRACOON in the meantime (the creation of the folder in DRACOON would ultimately fail because this was blocked by the DRACOON API).
- DRACOON for Mac: In very rare cases, under certain conditions, folder contents of the DRACOON volume were no longer displayed until the volume was reconnected.
- If the free space (quota) of a data room was exceeded, copy attempts in the data room were nevertheless performed unnecessarily. The problem occurred only when synchronization was turned off.
- If a user in the data room had only the "Modify files and folders" permission but not the "Create files and folders" permission, folders were not displayed after trying to rename them until the drive was reconnected.
- If a newly created folder was renamed in an encrypted data room, it subsequently received a red X icon, indicating a synchronization error because the file keys for the folder could not be uploaded.