With file requests, you can provide data rooms or folders in DRACOON for external users so that they can upload files there via their browser.
Create a file request and send it via email
- While composing an email, in the ribbon, in the DRACOON group, click Attach, and then click Request Files.
- The dialog box for creating a file request appears.
Click the Browse button to specify a data room or folder that you want to share for uploading.
- Select the data room or folder to be shared and click OK.
If you want to create a new folder for the file request, click .
- You can now specify additional settings for the file request (see below for explanations).
- Click OK to create the file request.
- A draft link for the file request is inserted into your email draft.
- Once you send the email, the file request is finally created and the draft link in the email will be replaced with the final file request link.
To track the usage of the sent file request or to send the file request link to other recipients later, you can use Links.
By default, a file request can be used by anyone who knows its link.
If you want to restrict a file request to a specific group of users, you can protect it with a password. The user of the file request must first enter the password before it is possible to upload files.
- To activate password protection, enter any password that complies with the password policy in step 4 above in the Share password field.
- You can also click the dice button next to it to generate a random secure password.
- After specifying the password, click the button on the far right of the password field to copy the password to the clipboard.
- You must give the recipients the password so they can use the file request. You should not include it in the email together with the file request link for reasons of increased security; instead, send it to the recipient another way, such as via chat. For example, when chatting with the recipient, press
Vto insert and send the copied password. Alternatively, the password can be transmitted automatically via SMS if this is enabled in your DRACOON.
Advanced file request settings
You can activate the following settings in step 4 above for each file request:
- Notify on uploads: You will receive a notification email every time someone uploads and makes available files via this file request.
- Show uploaded files publicly: On the file request webpage, everyone can see which files have been uploaded by all users via this share. For example, this allows users to verify that someone has already uploaded an expected document and does not need to upload it again.
- Files with total size of x MB: Sets a storage limit for this file request. The limit applies to the mutual uploads of all users. Once the limit has been reached, no further uploading is possible. This setting prevents the upload of huge files or prevents the data room from being completely filled by uploads.
- Limit number of uploads: Specifies that only x files can be uploaded through this file request. If you enter "1" here and only make the file request available to one user, you specify that the user can only upload one single file once. Once the limit has been reached, no further uploading is possible.
- Expires on: Specifies that the file request is temporary. The date determines the last day on which the file request can be used. Afterward, the file request is automatically deleted. If you do not specify an expiration date here, the file request remains active until you manually delete it, for example, under Links.