Release date: October 29, 2021
About this release
Version 4.8 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac fixes numerous issues that could occur with previous versions.
No restart of the PC is required after installing this update.
The update to this version is highly recommended for all users of DRACOON for Windows/Mac.
The following problems have been fixed in version 4.8 of DRACOON for Windows/Mac:
These problems only occurred in specific cases, e.g. under certain exceptional circumstances. The vast majority of users were not affected.
- Displaying folder contents could take a long time if there were a lot of files in the folder.
- Switching between folders could take several seconds in Explorer (Windows). This problem most likely occurred in terminal environments (e.g. Citrix).
- Copying files sometimes failed in Explorer (Windows) with the message "Destination folder access denied" and was only possible when retrying.
- Files were sometimes displayed with a size of 0 KB and could not be opened.
- Opening a PowerPoint file that had not yet been downloaded to the PC/Mac was sometimes only possible after repeated attempts.
- When saving Office documents, in rare cases a copy (new file) of the existing document was created instead of replacing the existing file.
- Existing Office documents could be changed and saved on PC/Mac even if the user did not have delete permissions in the data room (which is required to be able to overwrite files with the new version when saving). The changed Office documents were admittedly not uploaded to DRACOON due to the missing permissions, but the user may not have noticed this because he was not notified about it.
- Excel lock files may not have been uploaded to DRACOON on the Mac, causing Excel's file locking mechanism to not become active.
- Newly added sections in OneNote files on the DRACOON drive could not be synchronized.
- Existing files could not be converted to a zip archive in Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- If files that had not yet been uploaded to DRACOON and were in the synchronization queue were zipped in the Finder (Mac), the synchronization did not finish.
- On the Mac, newly created files may not have been deleted when syncing was paused. The message in the Finder was "The operation can't be completed because some items had to be skipped."
- If files were created on the Mac for which no modification date was set by the application used, the time when the DRACOON volume was connected was used as the modification date for the new files.
- A newly created folder in the Finder (Mac), whose default name "New Folder" had not been changed, was displayed as non-syncable.
- On the Mac, the connection to the DRACOON volume could be lost when updating numerous metadata. The problem seemed to occur only on Macs with M1 chips.
- Opening files that were not yet downloaded offline could cause Explorer (on Windows) to crash when the Internet connection was interrupted.
- If DRACOON for Windows/Mac was terminated prematurely while a bookmark file was not yet completely saved, subsequent connections could no longer be established via the bookmark (drive) and the drive connection had to be recreated.
- When using DRACOON release LTS 2019-1 (on-premises), sharing files via the Explorer context menu did not work.